Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another year older....

Happy Birthday, Braedyn!

Today he turns 3 years old! I know I will say this every year, but it seems like yesterday....
It's the first year he has really understood his birthday and all the benefits that come with it. He got to spend the day with Kadyn and grandmother. We went to the outlet mall and let them run around the toy store. Kaliese made him one of her famous birthday cards. He got a chocolate doughnut and an Ironman balloon for breakfast. He was so worried about his balloon floating away that he wouldn't let go of it to eat. I had tied one of those plastic hearts to it to anchor it. I tried to show him that he could set that on the table and the balloon would stay, but he insisted that I had to hold on to it. Eventually, I had Optimus Prime stand on the plastic heart in such a position that it looked like he was holding the balloon. That satisfied Braedyn. A little later I saw him on the floor studying Optimus Prime trying to figure out how he was holding it. Its hard to describe, but it was pretty funny! Amazing how a $2 balloon can just make a birthday complete!!
Well, we are gearing up for his big birthday bash on Saturday. I will post pictures of the event then.

Treasure of the day:
Just a little note for my beautiful boy. You have such a magnetic charm about you. That, along with those big brown eyes get you out of more trouble than you will ever know. I love your sense of cautious adventure and hope that your knowledge of all things "super" will serve you well as you continue to explore your expanding world. You have packed a lot into 3 short years and I look forward to watching as you absorb more and more each day. This treasured day is almost over and another birthday a sweet memory. While it is perceived that I go overboard on birthdays, it is just my way of making sure I can hold onto them for as long as possible. You grow so quickly that I fear your childhood will become a blur and I want to remember every second in vivid color. So, I wish you the happiest of birthdays and always remember: I love you, love you, love you!!!!

No comments: