Monday, February 09, 2009

A Couple of Basketcases!!

Most of my day-to-day is pretty routine....as are my kids. They get up, snuggle with me for a few minutes, eat a predictable breakfast, Kaliese goes off to school, Braedyn sets up his toys, laundry, dishes, play, lunch, DVR catch-up while Braedyn naps, Kaliese gets home and does homework, they play, eat dinner, take bath, read a story and lights out. However, there are a few moments every now and then that really catch me off guard. Just odd-ball things that make me actually do a double take as a little "?!" appears above my head.

Here's one of those times:

Now the really amazing thing about the photo, first of all, is that it shows a single moment in my life that my laundry was actually done!!! But more than that it was simply an unexpected site. I'm not even sure what they were watching, but as I walked by I just had to laugh. They weren't playing or being silly, but just simply sitting there in those baskets, snuggled up as if it were the most normal place in the world to sit. And didn't they just luck out that there was one for each of them?!






Of course, they also have so many moments of just being caught in the act doing something cute or sweet and I love those moments just as much. Of all the things I envisioned that I would find precious about my children, I never knew how much their love for each other would affect me. Don't get me wrong...they have their moments of "Battle of the Wills", but for the most part they get along very well.
I so enjoy being caught off guard by my children. Whether its listening to them come to some odd conclusion about life's little mysteries, or seeing their imagination transform the most mundane object into exactly what they need it to be in their 'land of pretend'. I frequently find myself thinking "I have never thought of it that way" as they continue to inspire me with their wit, their ability to completely pretend and their keen powers of observation. Daily I am amazed by their creativity, compassion, cunning, character and curiousity. Not only do I hope they never lose those qualities, but I pray I never cease to learn from them!

No comments: