Friday, April 11, 2008

We Got 'Munked!!



The Chipmunks had a concert today at Northpoint Mall. It was a long drive to get there, but for the kids it was worth it. They were so excited and their jaws just hit the floor when the "major rock stars" appeared. They sang a few songs and then stayed for some photos. Both the kids got a Chipmunk activity book and an Alvin dogtag. Below is a picture of Kaliese in front of a green screen. They gave me a flash drive to upload the picture on my computer. And all of this was free!!!


Braedyn wouldn't participate in either of the photo opportunities. When I asked him if he wanted to go talk to Theodore, he replied very firmly that he wanted to see ALVIN!


Here's some video of one of the songs. Keep in mind this was taken on my phone so the picture and sound quality are not fantastic, but it gives you an idea of just how cute the concert was!!









Treasure of the day:


I thought the concert started at 4:00, so we got there about 3:45 only to discover it started at 4:30. So we sat on the floor amongst dozens of others kids and parents for about 45 minutes. After the concert was over, we stood in line for about 25 minutes to get a photo with Theodore and then another 15 minutes for the green screen photo. How did I do this with both kids by myself???? Well, they were angels. They stood so quiet, still and patient. Not once did I have to speak to them about staying with me or being still. I could not believe how patient they were!!!! And to top it off, I bought them cookies and an ICEE as a reward. In the car, Kaliese thanked me for the treat. I said, "Your welcome...I'm glad you like your cookies." She said, "No mom, seeing the Chipmunks was our treat!" I was so touched!

No comments: