Friday, March 14, 2008

Boy Gone Wild!






Inspired by my lovely sis-in-law, Sara, I have decided to re-up my blog (most of you didn't know I had)! Hopefully I will be motivated to keep this one going.



I was also motivated by the need to vent about my youngest. Someone has apparently been praying for my patience, because it has been tested!! Wednesday I had a busy morning of cleaning up after Kaliese "got sick", running her to the doctor and then to school. Later that day, Braedyn decides to cover both arms and his jeans with a black marker. Next, he grabs my compact out of my purse and crumbles all the powder all over the playroom floor. Luckily, they both clean up with a little effort.



Yesterday, Braedyn decides to be a rebel. After a few minutes of timeout in his room I go in to find he has emptied two bottles of teething tablets! The bottles held 375 total - we counted 222! I can almost guarantee that no more than 50 were used to begin with, so that's over a 100 unaccounted for! But before anyone calls DFCS, Poison Control said that they were basically harmless and yes, I have put them out of reach - again!

This child is just found in the most unusual places doing the most unthought of things. Whether its sitting in his top drawer of his dresser, hiding behind the entertainment center or sleeping on the shelf of his toybox - he is definitely an "out of the box" kind of person!









Treasure of the day:



While reading with Kaliese last night, she continued to amaze me with her progress. We were reading a book about a farm and she conquered words like 'nightfall', 'make-believing', and 'settle' without skipping a beat. She struggles with stopping at punctuation and adding inflection, but at one particular point she read about the 'squawk' of a goose. Not only did she know what the word was, she spoke it in the most perfect imitation of a 'squaaawwwk'! You had to hear it, and I'm not sure she could do it that perfectly again - but it made me laugh!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can just picture Braedyn sitting in the playroom with your powder everywhere! What a day! Aren't kids fun!?!

That is very exciting to watch the progress of Kaliese and her reading! I love watching our kids grow! They are beautiful!