Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Ultimate Transformer

Braedyn has seriously gotten into the whole Transformer bit (as well as the Justice League, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, etc). He understands it so well that he has become somewhat of a "Transformer" himself. In extreme contrast to the holy terror depicted in the previous post, here he is calmly and adorably playing with his transformer friends. He was so cute playing by himself. Talking with each character and putting them into action (and yes, he can tell you the name of each one!) Both of the children actually had very good days---maybe because they knew we were going to see "Horton Hears a Who!"

We took the kids to breakfast and to the movie Saturday morning and they loved both (as did mom and dad)! Kaliese thanked us both several times for breakfast and the movie. Of course, as soon as the credits rolled Braedyn pipes up with "Mom, watch it again?"

Treasure of the day:
I don't exactly remember what it was for, but Kaliese remarked to me "Mom, you're the best in the whole world!" Oddly enough this isn't an uncommon phrase for her. Sometimes its because I did something out of the ordinary for her or made her favorite dinner; sometimes its for no reason at all. I can't help but wonder when her perspective will change. I will still be the same mom I've always been. Doing my best to keep their best interests at heart whether they like or not and sometime they will like it and sometime they will most definitely not. But apparently for now, the good Kaliese sees in me far outweighs the bad (or at least unlikeable). We all know that there is a tragic point in time where a child's view of their parents is skewed temporarily because the perspective of what is good and what is right meshes together into an alternate reality for them. So between now and then I will be searching for the magic solution to permanently affix the rose-colored glasses view of me to the eyes of my children --if you find it, please let me know!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love how their brains soak up information. My three year old nephew know sall the names and numbers of the Thomas trains.