Monday, March 24, 2008

A Person's a Person....



.....no matter how small!


We are still in 'HORTON' mode as the kids still squeal every time they see a trailer on TV and we've read the book countless times (Great movie if you haven't seen it).


Anyway, these are some of the pictures from the park this weekend with Kadyn and Braedyn. Braedyn didn't really want to swing, but insisted on pushing Kadyn. Now from the pictures its hard to tell, but he couldn't actually reach her swing well enough to push her, but that didn't stop him from being 'big' enough to do so (Katie is actually pushing her just outside the picture). And in the second picture he's not exactly in danger of getting hit. It does remind me of "Watch out for that tail! Watch out for that tail!" (for those of you who know what that's about!!!)


These two are really so cute playing together. They just run from place to place as if attached by an invisible string. Hopefully they will always be so close!


Treasure of the day:


I've really been struggling this weekend with a neck injury. I can't turn my head very well and spend the mornings alternating heat and ice just to be able to move around. Brian's been great about getting me everything I need: ice, medicine, hot chocolate and keeping the kids from jumping on me; even in the middle of the night he doesn't mind getting up to help. The kids have been very understanding. Kaliese comes in to gently give me a hug and say "Mom, I'm sorry that you hurt." Braedyn asks me what's wrong. When I tell him my neck hurts he says, " Let me scratch it for you." (Background: He likes to scratch my back and I always tell him "Thank you, that feels much better." So he just assumes that's a cure all for everything!) Sometimes I feel like its my God-given duty and honor to take care of my family's every need. I enjoy it mostly, sometimes its a bit of a struggle - but it's what moms do! As a mom, when in need you feel like you just battle through it while still taking care of everything. I am truly blessed to have a family that insists I sit back and let them take care of me. The encourage words from my kids and the extra effort from my husband truly help me heal faster than any amount of pain relievers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh - we love the book and the movie, too!

i love the look on his face in the second shot!

Maggie said...

We can't wait to see that movie!

I love the swing shots - those are too sweet!

Christina said...

awww, that is so precious! What a great brother!